Old January 19th 08, 12:22 AM
JOM JOM is offline
Junior Member

Location: Montana
Question Low power cruise in a Cherokee 6

I have very recently purchased a Cherokee 6-260 and was wondering if anyone has any sugestions regarding the most economical cruise settings? Speed is not so important as MPG. Most of the distances I fly are not long, so high altitude stuff doesn't really factor in. Most flights will be 100 to 300 miles and maybe 5000'. This is a carburated engine, so GAMI's and lean of peak doesn't fit the picture. I have heard of lean of peak with a carb and some carb heat, but I usually fly 60% power at peak as per the Lyc operators manual.

I have been told I can get 11-12 gph at 120 knots, but I seem to use more fuel. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John