Old July 14th 05, 11:29 PM
Peter Duniho

"Andy L." wrote in message
link.net...
I am using a fairly old joystick (read: cheap) and is plugged into the
gameport.

Ahh, okay. Well, then just as I suspected...my troubles have nothing to do
with yours.

That said, you'll still want to verify the joystick calibration. Once
you've done that, if you are still having problems, you may still be dealing
with some kind of hardware-related issue. Either a gameport with a bad
connection, or possibly some kind of configuration conflict (IRQ).

It's hard to know for sure, since no one reading this except you has the
ability to actually use the joystick to see what the symptoms are. But I'd
say that generally, you should be able to use the joystick to smoothly
control the airplane, and if you can't, there's something wrong that you
ought to be able to find and fix.

I could go to a USB but currently I only have 1.1. I have been planning to
put a 2.0 card in and then I could use that.

A game controller should work just fine with USB 1.1. It's not a
high-bandwidth device.

Pete