Old November 30th 16, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Lumbar support ideas?

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 9:59:52 AM UTC-5, SF wrote:
Noel
This is what I did. I bought a sheep skin pad for my National 425 that goes between my back and the chute. I using adhesive velcro tape, I velcroed' a small lumbar support cushion to the back of the chute container, and velcroed' an inflatable lumbar support bladder to the back of the sheepskin. The lumbar support bladder has a hose that runs up the shoulder strap and ends with a squeeze bulb similar to a blood pressure cuff. Usually the lumbar support cushion is enough, on long flights, a little inflation on the bladder makes life good again.

Example of a inflatable lumbar support
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/inseluinairc.html

Example of a small lumbar support cushion
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...vel/1014256946

Sheepskin for parachute
http://wingsandwheels.com/parachute/...pskin-pad.html

SF

I would be really careful with inflatable support. In case of an accident you might end up with a big problem. The inflatable will not support the spine. Crush foam is a much better solution.