Old February 9th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Ping: Toecutter

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 02:25:24 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

(A)nyone who has a Cherokee needs to make sure the gust lock is in place
when the plane is tied down, every time.

Just curious -- what kind of "gust lock" do you use on your Cherokee?

I've only used the "seat belt" method, when I remember -- and I always hate
the way it cranks the stabilator up into the air.

In your 235 you can slide the passenger seat up to about the 2nd to
closest position and then fold the seat back forward and lean it up
against the yoke. Play with the seat position and you will find the
one that looks like it was designed to do this. Been doing this for
about 6 years w/o any problems.

HTH.