Old July 17th 03, 12:54 AM
Arie Kazachin

In message - "David Pugh"
-cay writes:

"Paul J. Adam" wrote in message
news
The missions had to be flown. They weren't flown from Israel. Part of
being a reliable ally is providing bases and flight rights. Israel
wasn't useful.

As I recall, the primary reason they were not flown from Israel was that the
US didn't want to fly them from Israel (launching attacks from Israel
against a Muslim country -- even if flown by the US -- could have
destabilized the coalition).

In fact, US made every effort not to make public ANY help from Israel
in fighting against muslims. We wouldn't know that US B-52s were protected
(among other things) by Israeli made air-launched decoys if there wasn't
a small parachute found in Baghdad with "TAAS Jerusalem" printed on it.
Needless to say, this was only briefly mentioned in the news and never
repeated again.

************************************************** ****************************
* Arie Kazachin, Israel, e-mail: *
************************************************** ****************************
NOTE: before replying, leave only letters in my domain-name. Sorry, SPAM trap.
___
.__/ |
| O /
_/ /