Old February 18th 14, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default IPAQ trouble - won't turn on

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:53:45 -0800, Bill Palmer wrote:

I have an HP IPAQ 310 that I run X-C Soar on, that won't turn on. :-(

I left it in my bag for a few months and didn't use it, and wouldn't be
surprised if the battery ran down.

The IPAQ 310 manual says you should take the battery out if you're not
going to use it for some time.

The problem with leaving the battery in it is that, when you turn a 310
off, some of its electronics are still running: the on/off touch switch
for draws power because it is a sensor rather than a mechanical push on/
push off switch and the clock/calendar is still active as well. These
will drain the battery if it is left in the 310 and, as the battery is
lithium-ion, running it right down will kill it.

However, replacing the battery in a 310 is really simple and replacement
batteries are available from eBay.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK