Old January 10th 04, 06:28 AM
Brien K. Meehan

Louis Perley wrote in message . net...
at Denver [DEN VOR] at 8:07am MST (1507Z), at flight level 430 a Piper
J-5 Cub Cruiser(L-14, Ae) reported temperature -5B0C, wind 294/062

:-)

On my IFR checkride, 12 miles north of PTK, I listened to ATIS "Papa"
which was reporting overcast at 1500.

I told the DE, "What was that? I think he said 1500, but that
doesn't, umm, match my expectations. We're supposed to have pretty
high clouds. Let's listen to that again."

The DE said, "I can see the field from here, and I sure don't see a
layer at 1500."

The ATIS came around again - yep, he said 1500 - but stopped halfway
through. In a few seconds, ATIS "Quebec" came on, reporting overcast
at 15000.