Old December 10th 03, 06:42 PM
Tom

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Liberals HATE America wrote:

Alas, Orville and Wilbur Wright are today pigeon-holed as "dead white
males" whom we are supposed to ignore, if not deplore.

The author is sadly misinformed. I couldn't care less about "white" or
"male". However, "dead" is a Bad Thing. I certainly expend a serious
amount of effort to avoid this label myself, and I never take advice given
to me by people to whom this label applies...at least advice provided

since
the label's application.

In fact, it can be safely stated that I avoid any conversation at all with
people to whom this label applies. If I were to see one of these people
walking along the street, I'd be sure to walk on the other side - or
perhaps accelerate in the opposite direction.

Does that make me a liberal?

Your previous statements do not support your current claim.

As for someone being mistaken; between a genius like Sowell and a
dingleberry like yourself, I have to vote for Sowell.