Old June 22nd 04, 06:50 AM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
on 21 Jun 2004 18:52:16 GMT,
Drewe Manton attempted to say .....

"Thomas J. Paladino Jr." wrote in
:

The French have no convictions, and that's the problem

They have conviction in spades, it just doesn't coincide with yours,or
ours, and that's what really annoys you. I never, ever thought I'd see
the day where I defend the French (I'm British for god's sake!), but it's
laughable how it really winds people up that they stood by their
convictions (and so far, have yet to be proved wrong in those convictions
as far as I can see - we had a great plan to win the war, pity we never
considered fighting the peace). At this point I'd rather have Chiraq as
PM than Tony B Liar. But I sense this is an argument that will go round
in circles as you remain firm in your own narcissistic national self
image that the French did what they did simply to annoy the US.

Actually it's rather admirable how they have remained firm to the
convictions Sadam paid them to have.

I figured after he was captured they would find a client able to keep making
payments.

--
When dealing with propaganda terminology one sometimes always speaks in
variable absolutes. This is not to be mistaken for an unbiased slant.