Old October 8th 05, 05:02 PM
Jose

That wasn't part of the original scenario, but I'll bite.

Yes it was. If you reread the original scenario you'll find; "On initial
contact you're told 'descend and maintain 3,000, join the runway 36
localizer'. About three minutes later you hear the same instruction issued
to EGF456."

That EGF456 was following you since the beginning of your flight was not
part of the scenario, at least not as presented. I took it as another
aircraft that could be coming from anywhere, which is now also cleared
for the same approach you are on and presumably will be following you.

If you are dealt an inappropriate slam dunk (5000 on a 3000 approach), do
you go missed or make it work? If you make it work, how would you lose
the altitude?

I'd go missed.

Good enough. Thanks.

Jose