Old February 27th 05, 06:25 PM
Top Spin

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:34:23 GMT, "Murmur"
wrote:

"Top Spin" ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
My grandson will be 8 in a month. He loves airplanes. He is also
pretty good on the computer. I was thinking of getting him a copy of
FS for his birthday, but after lurking on this ng for a few days, I am
concerned that the game is too complicated for an 8 year old.

I would appreciate any opinions on the appropriateness of FS for an 8
year old boy. If FS is not a good choice, I would appreciate
suggestions for other games involving ariplanes that would be.

Well actually I don't think it's ever too early to begin PC Flying if
there's love for flying ;-)
After all, FS can be enjoyed even without exploiting it to the most complex
features.

So can the game be customized so make it less complex for beginners? I
think that would make it a go for sure. Personally, I think he'll like
it and do OK. I jjust didn't want it to be soooo hard that he then
wouldn't give it a try later.

Often children prefer combat flying to general aviation, e.g. Pacific
Fighters or Combat Flight Simulator 3, but I don't know if this is the case.
Try to find out.

Are these simpler?

Anyway, you love or hate Flight Simulations. If he'll love it, he'll be
forevemr grateful to you. :-)

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)