Old September 7th 05, 10:26 PM
Ross Richardson

I remember when I could fly a 172 for $16.00/hour.

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
KSWI

Hilton wrote:
Hi,

Our RHV-based club (San Jose) just increased its prices by $2/gal/hr
effective immediately; 172s are now over $100, Arrow is $130 - I don't even
want to think what the Duchess will be when it gets its new engines (pilor
error gear up).

They said it was entirely due to fuel prices. I asked if the prices would
go down when/if avgas proces dropped. I didn't really get a good answer,
but the suggestion was no, they wouldn't.

I remember when a 172 was around $65 or so and flying around the pattern for
a hour was a fun thing to do. Now I have to call my accountant to get
financial approval.

Hilton