Old March 25th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:05:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 22, 6:47*pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 06:27:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not negatively affect real estate
values.

Never said that. I said the market for resale is significantly affected
by perceptions which reduce the number of people who would be interested
in purchasing in an airpark. I would particularly point to the Captiva
example. it's an absolutely gorgeous place...with a limited market.
Resales there take loads of time, one reason is the perception of living
near an airstrip.

Here at Spruce Creek we have some of the highest-priced homes in the
county (near Daytona Beach).

There are $10M homse on Captiva. The price of the home means nothing in
terms of what I said, MOF, the higher the price of the home, including
airstrip, further limits the resale market. These are not speculations,
they are mathematical and historical facts.- Hide quoted text -

I have not been to captiva in years but back then there was no bridge
leading to it. The only access was by aircraft or boat. That fact in
itself makes comparing captiva to anything else a act of futility.....

Still no (rebuilt) bridge but capable, full time shuttle, easy boat
access, plane....Captiva isn't unique by a long shot for FL though. But
few of the islands have their own airstrips which equates to a very
unique living circumstance (as evidenced by the number of resales to
average).- Hide quoted text -

Your first sentence contradicts your second sentence.... Is it unique

Unique for Kansas, not unique for Florida. Do you see why?
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!
I hesitate to add to this discussion because I'm not an instructor,