Old May 9th 05, 08:49 PM
Corky Scott

On 9 May 2005 10:21:51 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

I *can* lean a lot more, push my EGTs over 1500 degrees, push my CHTs
to 350+ degrees, save some gas -- and risk my new engine.

Now, of course, there are many theories on leaning (I've read 'em all),
but with my normally aspirated engine having such (relatively)
unbalanced fuel flow to each cylinder, I don't feel comfortable
aggressively leaning.

John Deakin has written that if you lean to the lean side of peak and
the engine runs rough, pulling on full carb heat will distribute the
fuel into the air mixture better and give you the ability to lean to
the lean side of peak.

You might just try it, if only for a little bit if you are too
uncomfortable with the process.

Corky Scott