Old October 9th 20, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default LX5000/Flarm Red box

Why are so many topics getting threaded under "Another E glider
concept"? Happens both on my newsreader, as well as when just viewing
R.A.S. on Google.

On 10/9/20 8:44 AM, Adrian Morgan wrote:
I have an LX 5000, which I want to interface with a Red Box Flarm.

The LX has four ports (five including the vario display connection)
labelled:

1. Power (wired to battery main switch)
2. Hold (wired to flip switch. No idea what it does!)
3. DataComm (a previous owner had "hot wired" two of its leads into a
Garmin LX12 cable. No Garmin now fitted)
4. Meter ( RJ 12 6 pin phone type port. Not connected.)

The LX presumably has a built in GPS, but needs an aerial.

The LX is not finding a GPS fix, as there is no aerial. I assume the
Garmin
had been used to give the LX data via the DataComm hot wires.

Now, with no Garmin, I assume the Flarm GPS aerial could do the job.

Question, how to wire it all up. Must be simple for anyone other than an
electronic imbecile like myself.