Old March 14th 08, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Longworth[_1_]

Default Now that jet ownership is so inexpensive...

On Mar 13, 8:29*pm, "gatt" wrote:
....A small jet that could carry 4-8 passengers would usually cost between
$3 to $4 million dollars about a decade ago, but now it could be yours for
roughly $1 million."

I looked up the latest number of millionaires in the US and found
9.2 millions of them. There are 1.16 millions household with networth
more than $5 million

http://tinyurl.com/2g6yge

For these households, a jet costing only one million is quite
affordable. Besides most likely many of them are business owners and
can easily write off most of the cost to business operating expenses.
Just ask Jay how it is done ;-)

One of my former flight instructors who was a retired college
professor but had nice consulting business bought a spanking new
Bonanza with all the gizmos for 0.64 millions two years ago. It was
before Bonanza lower the price to half a million or so.

I may be one of them jet owners someday when I finally break down
and spend a buck on a lottery ticket. Hey, you never know ;-)

Hai Longworth