Old July 10th 04, 08:21 PM
D. Strang

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote
"ArtKramr" wrote

It's just neocon bitterness from a president and vice president who ever
went to war when they damn well should have.

No American should have gone to that war.

I would disagree. While I agree the war was a failure, because the mission
was too broad: "Stop Communism." If the mission was to re-unify the country,
then we should never have cancelled the elections. The country was not a
threat to anyone, even as a Soviet client. Once we went defensive, the war
was over. The Vietnamese found out rather quickly that the Soviets were
worthless, and their relationship didn't last long after the war was over.