Old January 27th 11, 09:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
durabol[_2_]

Default Flyability of Biplane Flying Boat

-Thanks for the information.

-The Mariner is very similar to what I had envisioned.

-I will probably reduce the wing area to a bit under 200sq.ft (a bit
more manageable size wise and better in the wind)

-I will probably go with a "climb" prop. to get off the water, cruise
speed isn't a concern as I just plan to fly it for fun. I have a fair
amount of information on seaplane hulls so hopefully I can just use
typical dimensions.

-For wing design I had thought about making as large a wing as
practical for as low a take off speed as possible, as I thought this
would give the best odds of getting off the water.

-Yes I was using lbs. I'm actually Canadian and we are officially
metric but because the US refuses to adapt we have to learn both. They
really messed me up in that for temperature I use Celsius when it is
cold and Fahrenheit when it is warm.

Brock