Old August 29th 03, 11:45 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Ed Rasimus wrote:

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

I wasn't ready to wade through 581 lines at that length. At least not
without a few drams of Lagavulin or Laphroaig close to hand to ease
the eye and brain strain.

Arrgghhh. He's a regular Jonathan Hemlock with the Laphroaig. I'd
rather drink the Hemlock than the malt if it had to come from Islay.

Seriously (or maybe not) it always reminded me of a barrel of rain
water that had a couple of charred logs from last week's campfire
soaked in it.

Now McCallan or Glenmorangie, there's a dram of nectar.

It is easy to deduce that you aren't an ale or [gasp!] stout fan
either. No appreciation for potables with character.

Perforce, I am familiar with and fortunately enjoy both McCallan and
Glenmorangie, since few enough local places carry any single malts
beyond Glenfiddich and Glenlivit, and fewer still have a wide
selection of single malts. Most often Glenmorangie and McCallan
generally are the additions beyond the bar-standard Glenfiddich/livit
choice.

OJ III