Old March 4th 21, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
xcnick

Default 3 Turn Point Distance

I would like to claim a 3 point distance flight according to 1.4.2f. A COURSE from a RELEASE POINT or a declared START POINT to any type of FINISH POINT, via one, two, or three declared TURN POINTS, which may be flown in any order.

Although one MAY declare a start or finish, there is a great advantage not to. After making the last turnpoint, one only has to find clear air to make the last leg as long as possible. With a defined finish there will be a thunderstorm in the way, guaranteed.

I can't figure out how to enter the declaration into my clear nav or even seeyou without a start and finish.

What am I missing here?