Old February 23rd 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Michael[_1_]

Default twin comanche

On Feb 19, 1:17 pm, "E Andersen" wrote:
I'm still searching for a twin comanche, there is quite a lot available
here in Florida for around 70-80k

Be careful - the salt air does ugly things to the stabilator spar.
There was a guy in Florida working on an AD with the FAA on this - it
never happened, turned out the internal corrosion was strictly a
Florida problem.

it looks
to me that most do not have an autopilot, would this be a concern of yours?

I lew my Twin Comanche for over a year, single pilot, hard IFR without
one. But after that I put one in. I made it happen for under $2500,
but it's single axis, older, I bought it as parts and did all the work
myself. Going to a shop, you won't make it happen for less than five
figures.

$70-$80K seems high for a Twinkie without A/P. I'd sell you mine for
$65K...

Michael