Old February 25th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
E Andersen

Default Twin comanche, just looked at one

Hi

the more I look into it, the more I keep returning to the comanche, it must
be the
fastest small twin and at the same time very economical, how can that go
wrong :-)

I might go and have a look at this one

http://www.schomeraircraftcenter.com/inventory5.htm

during the week, does anyone know this particular aircraft?

Erik

check the gear trunion pins- ad on thoses they crack.
check logs for dye inspection, repeditive, or replacement with webco
units, non repetitive.
check gear bungee arms they crack also, no ad but ad on bungees.
check main gear castings at the web, they crack there also.
check tension on the push-pull gear cables, need a adapter most twinco
owners will have one or were to get one, they are easy to make the
drawing is in the service manual. if they are dragging to much the need
to be replaced, they are available but not cheap to replace.
check fuel valves for leaks and screens for corrosion, also part of a AD.
check rear bulkhead for cracks and horizonal bearings for play. also AD