Old December 7th 03, 09:43 PM
Peter Duniho

"Lars Møllebjerg" wrote in message
By the way, saying that lift is equal to weight is a bit wierd as the lift
is a force generated, while weight isn't a force, but a number calculated
from the mass and gravity.

The number you calculate from mass and gravity is a force. Gravity is an
acceleration, and mass is, well...mass is mass. F=ma.

In other words saying that lift is equal to weight makes perfect sense.
They are both forces.

But I guess it's one of those simplification
making it easier for people to understand.

I know you mean well, but frankly you really have not been helpful in the
"understanding" department.

Pete