Old June 8th 04, 03:39 PM
zatatime

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:18:13 GMT, "Arbr64"
wrote:

Therefore they are restricted to 25 degrees of bank.

Where did you get this from ? There is no such thing. Airliners execute 45
degree banks on every flight.
25 degrees of bank doesn't produce much of a heading change in a jet, test
it yourself in FS.

From some test I had to take in life (Ican't remember if it was a
written, or just a test in a different class). What I omitted was
"aircraft with a Flight Director/Autopilot installed are permitted to
use the maximum rate of turn commanded by the FD/AP (which is
generally 25 degrees)."

I've also learn from following this thread that airlines do 4 minute
turns as a general rule.