Old October 15th 18, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Garmin/InReach

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 8:16:38 AM UTC-7, wrote:
For the past several days my InReach has not displayed my flights when clicking on the proper URL. (as found on the SSA locator page) I called Garmin and they said they recently recognized a problem. Some settings for my device has evidently been changed.
Things were reset and now it seems to display okay. They said I was not the first to call with this problem. So before you trust your InReach to do its thing, you might want to drive to the corner store with it on and make sure it is displaying properly.

Dan Reagan

Dan,

To get around this issue, people have been signing up for https://www.xctrack.me, which relies on Garmin's API, and has not been experiencing any outages (yet). The share pages, and all of the sites that scrape from the share pages have been struggling with data issues for more than a week now.

(Disclaimer: This is a project of mine, and I have been maintaining the software)

- Alex