Old October 15th 18, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Garmin/InReach

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 11:31:59 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 10:04:47 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
I have the same issue.
Normally the issue is with the SSA tracker, so first thing to check is if your trace is showing on the Garmin web side. If it is, then you need to contact Pedja the creator of the SSA tracker to fix it.
However recently my trace is not showing even on the Garmin share page, so I suspect an issue with my Inreach or settings. I reset it but still no trace. Which setting did you change?

Ramy

Found the solution to the problem.
Apparently Garmin caused this problem and they are working on a fix that would not require each inReach owner to do anything, but the fix has not happened yet, so if you want recent tracks from your inReach device to be available follow the instructions below:

Log into your account. Look under the Plans & Devices tab and see what active collection your device is set to go to (make sure it is in a specific collection or in the Library collection).

Next, go to the Map tab. Make sure that either the specific collection you chose or the tracks under the Library heading (whichever you chose above) is set to share to MapShare This is accomplished by making sure the "M" is enabled under the heading for these collections.

Ramy

I noticed Walt just posted a different set of instructions. I believe both accomplish the same. Best to check both.