Old October 4th 04, 04:05 AM
Dan Luke

"Scott Skylane" wrote:
Here's a tip from the real world of holding: Don't busy yourself with
the student excercise of timing every turn. You yourself noticed that
the GPS provided accurate turn indications, and this is how it's done,
after the first few tracks are timed to establish the local
conditions.

I suppose so. I always have this feeling my old CFII is sitting in the
right seat, shaking his head when I don't do something "by the book."

Or, even better, just ask the controller for legs of a certain
distance (5 miles, or 10), and use the DME or GPS to fly the legs.
Much less busy work!

P.S. Did you really mean RVR's of 100 & 400???

That's what the man said.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM