Old May 25th 05, 11:11 PM
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

Is this an "official" FAA procedure or just something that most
controllers understand as an indication that FF will be requested?

Depends what you mean by "official", I suppose. I've never seen anything in
print about filing it through DUATS as I explained here, I just tried it one
day and it worked. The entry of VFR flight data into the NAS computer is
certainly "official", the procedure is described in the flight data
processing manual.

I meant official in the sense that it was documented somewhere such that
most knowledgeable controllers would know what it mean when they saw it,
or that the computers would handle it properly. Sounds like the answer
is basically, yes.

Matt