Old May 26th 05, 01:35 AM
Journeyman

In article . com, Michael wrote:
Roy,
You actually can get a squawk code for VFR flight following on the
ground sometimes. I have done it at BLM enroute to FRG. Called Bradley
on the ground and told them I was departing BLM to the north and wanted
to transition the Bravo....could they give me a code and pass me
thru..The Bradley controller took the info..called me back with radar
contact after I was airborne and then passed me thru the NY Bravo to
FRG no problems. I don't know if they will always do it..but what's the
harm in asking.

I'm sure Roy knows this, flying out of HPN. You can call clearance
delivery for a VFR class be clearance or a VFR squawk code.

I was surprised leaving CDW when I asked on ground frequency and they
told me they _didn't_ do that there.

Morris