Old June 14th 05, 04:37 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:54:32 -0400, John wrote in
::

So fixed gear PA-28s became P28A (i.e. slower
Cherokees 140-181) and P28B for the faster fixed gear Cherokees (235,
236) etc. See http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/ATC/Appendices/atcapda.html

Recently a speaker from our local Class B Tracon mentioned that they
didn't care what type of Cherokee somebody was flying, they were all
entered as PA-28 anyway.

So does the FAA use those identifiers that they made sure we knew about
and use?

Flying a PA28-235, I have been asked by ATC if I'm not a Lance at
times. This was probably due to unusually good performance when
lightly loaded. The little Piper would handily out climb Bonanzas
departing behind me that ATC had routed over me.