Old October 6th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Clear

Default Civil Air Patrol Commander's Corruption

In article . com,
M wrote:

"We will not lie, steal or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does." -
U.S. Air Force Academy Honor Code

Apparently, as evidenced by the fact that he was relieved of command.

And it took 5 years for him to be sacked? Someone at CAP must have
known this, either tolerated it or being silenced.

I used to run CAP-Talk, an unofficial CAP mailing list. I haven't
run it since 2002, and the commander who was just sacked was in
charge of Florida (IIRC) back then, and people where complaining
frequently about his corruption/etc. Granted, the folks on CAP-Talk
had an axe to grind, but there seemed to be enough there to warrant
an investigation. Instead, CAP National HQ promoted him. CAP
National HQ has a history of incompetence at best, with frequent
rumors of more serious issues.

The incompetent leadership at many levels was one of the reasons
I left CAP.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/