Thread: $75,000 2-33
View Single Post
Old March 11th 18, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default $75,000 2-33

On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 6:15:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Ever see any long winded threads with people on either side of the aisle debating the merits of an ASK21 with so many hating it with all their being? Of course not. That's because the K21 is what a standard training sailplane should be (in this century). 100k is cheap compared to the revenue lost and membership lost from US clubs and commercial operators forcing the old spam can on the unsuspecting public.

I don't know who you are or what your affiliations and experience are but I can tell you that my experiences differ a lot from your statements.
Have you written the check for an ASK-21 or are your committing other people's money?
I can toss this rock because I have written the check.
When someone steps onto the airport to try out our sport it is not the gliders that make the difference, it's the people flying the gliders. That is what captures them and that is what keeps them.
Our club does primary training in 2-33's. First single seater is a 1-26. Members also progress to 1-34 and ASK-21. The economics allow us to have many families and young people flying. I'm sure that would not be the case without our fleet mix.
UH