Old March 11th 18, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default $75,000 2-33

On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 7:03:30 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 6:16:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I could mow lawns during the week and be able to fly a 2-22 multiple times on the weekend on what I made pushing that lawn mower. There isn't a single glass based club running today that can make that happen.

You're right that times have changed. Kids don't fly on their grass cutting wages anymore, but here are some soaring clubs in the USA that have youth flying in glass trainers. Some of these programs combine 'line crew service' with flight lessons. In some cases these young pilots cut grass.

http://sugarbushsoaring.com/2017-fefy-day
http://sugarbushsoaring.com/doc/FEFY-Brochure.pdf

http://harrishillsoaring.org/junior-program-details/

https://www.soartruckee.org/youth-soaring.html

http://www.tidewatersoaring.org/scholarships.html

Harris Hill
Maybe wrong but I thought Sugarbush has a K&L 2-33 rebuild and a K&L rebuild 1-26. I know there are some pro Schweitzer folks up there. Your other examples of youth soaring programs are also heavy with Elmira iron.
'HHSC owns and operates 3 SGS2-33’s, numbers 1, 2, and 3. We rely on them as our primary training aircraft for new students and transitioning power pilots.'
Truckee's fleet:
Ride Glider 1 - Schweitzer SGS 2-32

Ride Glider 2 - Schweitzer SGS 2-32

Training/Rider Glider 1 - Schweitzer SGS 2-33

Training/Ride Glider 2 - Schweitzer SGS 2-33
TSS currently owns:
Schweizer 2-33A training glider
Blanik L-23 dual-place sailplane
PZL Swidnik PW-6 dual-place sailplane
Schweizer 1-26D single-place glider
PZL Bielsko PW-5 single-place sailplane.