Old July 25th 18, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Silent Skies

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 11:15:54 PM UTC-4, Larry Ruggiero wrote:
I was a member of MASA in 2010-11 and remember one Sunday while operating at Frederick, we suspected POTUS might be returning from Camp David during our ops. Sure enough we eventually saw both Marine One helos flying in trail straight toward the pattern area. Assuming they monitored UNICOM, our tow pilot radioed there were gliders in the area, and would they (Mar1) please turn further east, away from our area. They did and we all chuckled about having told POTUS where to go.

At least you knew where the TFR was! I remember when Bush-II campaigned in Cleveland, OH and then took a bus to go to Akron, OH. There was supposed to be a 'moving TFR' around the bus. Flying north of the Akron airspace, I called Akron APP to find out, where the TFR was. The friendly controller asked 'Do you see any Black Hawks around you? If not, you are not in the TFR - yet!' That was a bit vague for us, so we retreated back to our home field east of Akron and packed it in for the day.

Uli
'AS'