Old February 5th 19, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Seaborn (A8)

Default ADS-B equiped glider in USA Contests

Ramy, Thank you for this description. The ADS-B alarm is annoying on tow. My understanding is the warning is a result of an output from PowerFlarm to a display like LXNAV FlarmView or similar. Its the display that is doing audio annoyance. On FlarmView there is a 3 minute silence with a button push but I find when the alarm is sounding and the tug is identified as the target, I stop looking at the alarm as a real threat. The ten minute collision mute would be an improvement. Good idea to bring this up with the display manufacturers.

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 8:18:57 PM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Powerflarm provides two type of alerts: traffic alert and collision alarm.. The collision alarm is the most distracting one. I am asking them for a 10 minutes silence of the collision alalrm only. Ideally it would be for a particular aircraft but this would probably be too complicated to implement, so a 10 minutes silence is a good enough compromise in my opinion unless someone has other suggestions that can be implemented.

Ramy