Old February 11th 19, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Why does OLC display wrong altitudes?

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 3:11:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Metric system perhaps?

The altitude units (meters) are implicit in the IGC file format standard. And, as I wrote, the altitudes in the file itself, as downloaded from OLC, and in the online display, differ.

The wrong altitude is often about 3x too low, but that varies.

And the altitudes are displayed incorrectly only for some flights. I am not sure if the same flights always display incorrectly, and the other flights always correctly?