Old December 30th 06, 10:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ricardo

Default Australian soldiers from 3 RAR board an RAF Beverley in Borneo

Dave Kearton wrote:
Ricardo wrote:

Ricardo wrote:

john smith wrote:

Q1: What is that aircraft?

Q2: Is that a detactable pod?

That is a Blackburn Beverly C1 of the Royal Air Force and no, it is
not a detachable pod.

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/types/uk...y/Beverley.htm

...will tell you almost everything you would wish to know. What it
will not tell you is, if you are paratrooping from this aircraft and
you are to be the first man out of the door on the lower deck, you
can watch the wheels go round as you trundle along at 600 to 800
feet, waiting for the green light for "GO".

Ricardo

Found it! Here is the Beverley in paratrooping action, showing the
door from which one can observe the bloody great wheels going round!

I must have a really good look in that drawer, considering that this
picture is over 40 years old...

Ricardo

Ah, a carrier plane, amazing how it can fly with one wing folded.

Made I larf, as we say in this part of the world!

Ricardo

--
The Brits conquered the world in boats made of wood, powered by wind &
navigated by the stars. For the yanks to be in the same league they'll