Old November 7th 03, 11:09 PM
Dave Kearton

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Hello;

I spent a fair amount of time searching, but just cannot find any.

I am trying to locate pictures that show the crankshaft arrangement(s),

and how
they work for WWII style rotary engines. e.g., the Wasp series by P&W.

Might anyone be able to point me to a site with a few pictures ?

Very curious about how the crankshaft was arranged so as not to interfere
with the piston rods, etc.

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob

Look for this thread on alt.binaries.pictures.aviation. I've got a
scan from one of my father's text books that shows the crankshaft and
connecting rod arrangements for a Bristol 'Pegasus' 9 cyl radial.

Cheers

Dave Kearton