Old November 7th 03, 11:11 PM
eg

Bob,

A rotary engine had the crankshaft connected to the firewall and the
crankcase rotated. What you may be asking about is a radial. Popular
Mechanics has a nice article about aviation milestones including engines in
this months issue. I checked their web site, we'll have to wait til next
month to see it there.

BTW: there was only one throw on the crankshaft of a radial.

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Hello;

I spent a fair amount of time searching, but just cannot find any.

I am trying to locate pictures that show the crankshaft arrangement(s),

and how
they work for WWII style rotary engines. e.g., the Wasp series by P&W.

Might anyone be able to point me to a site with a few pictures ?

Very curious about how the crankshaft was arranged so as not to interfere
with the piston rods, etc.

Thanks,
Bob