Old October 24th 12, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roel Baardman

Default Remote thermal detection

So, unless you can form a 2D image of the particles'
velocity and have the ic process that image, I don't
see how you would do it.

The particles moving inside a thermal are what I think you should
process. Little bugs lifting with the thermal, or even birds for a
start. Perhaps the curly movement of the cloud above the thermal in
the end?

If you can have some electronics spot that falcon circling a few miles
ahead in that killer thermal, this can already give you an advantage I
guess.