Old May 22nd 04, 04:37 PM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, miso
confessed the following:

Security is the responsibility of the originator of the message.

"Shack!"

Blaming a civilian with a scanner for intercepting your message is
about as responsible as telling the old lie that the dog ate your
homework.

To piggyback "miso" further...

It's part of that old, "Loose lips sink ships" mantra...which
"fudog50" seems to be addressing when he asked:

I guess it is ok for civilians to violate "OPSEC' during time
of war?

Clearly the answer is an emphatic, "Well, duh!" Allan's posting is
after the fact...historical if you will. IOW he's not giving out
real-time or advance intelligence. Under your concern for OPSEC how
much time must pass before it would be permissible for Allan to post?

Again "fudog50" lamented:

(whether you agree or not, we are at war, where is your patriotism?
Why make it any easier for any potential enemy?)

Wrapping the flag AKA patriotism around your argument kinda gives you
some moral high ground. By your use of patriotism, folks opposed to
aspects of the Patriot Act or GWB/Cheney/Rove/Rumsfeld are
un-patriotic.

Wouldn't it be horrible if the enemy used even a miniscule
part of your military A/C comms to add into a tactical strike?

Awww come on now "fudog50" now you're just pandering. Put your
thinking cap on and contemplate probable targets and tactics. Think
those islamist ****s are going to go for a "fat juicy" civilian
airliner or an agile, mobile, and hostile military target?

Juvat