Old August 11th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Morgans[_2_]

Default OT Severe thunderstorm - video

wrote in message
On Aug 8, 2:15 am, "Morgans" wrote:

Yep, and if you know what's good for you, you will cut down those tall
scraggly yellow pines, before a strong wind blows from the wrong
direction,
and they end up on top of your house. That cracking sound was them
starting
to break, and get weak.

I think you are right Jim, but some of those pines unfortunately are
not in my yard! I only heard that cracking sound one other time and
that was during Katrina so I knew that the winds were a tad strong!

I believe there are laws on the books that will allow you to petition your
neighbor to have them taken down.

If not that, if you talk to your neighbor, and tell him that if your house
gets hit by one of his trees, he is legally liable for your repairs.

That might encourage him to split the bill with you for taking them down.
--
Jim in NC