Old January 13th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

Default VALVES More is Better

In article
,
bod43 wrote:

Bob,

Where do you get "youse guys" from?

I am from Glasgow, Scotland and that plural
form of "you" is not uncommon (in the spoken word).
It is used *nowhere* else in the UK as far as I am aware.

It's kind of a working class thing - sorry but it's the only
way I can find to express it.

I'll do a bit of googling to see if I can find you a clip.
I think that Rab C Nesbit will be my man.

Yours intrigued,
Me.

It's a working class thing here, too. More so in the area around
southern New England (NY and NJ, in particular).

It was popularized in American movies and radio from the early sound
days, usually to mark someone as uneducated or uncultured, sometimes to
enhance the effect of the person talking that way taking on and beating
the snob at his own game. Probably used to similar effect in Vaudeville
before the movies came along.