Old February 12th 20, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default _Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

Did you release the canopy or go through it?

On 2/11/2020 5:15 PM, waremark wrote:
My glider blunted and I was hanging from my straps and fell out as soon as I released the harness. My mohair was at 3000 ft agl but I would have had no problems from 2000.

Anyway, reading this will make me pay more attention to where the tug goes after release. At our club to avoid shock cooling the tug generally accelerates away level before reducing power, and the glider does a climbing turn to slow down.

--
Dan, 5J