Old February 22nd 04, 03:11 PM
Pechs1

steele- Should we be thinking of using the FB-22 Raptor as a replacement
for the F/A-18 (and the F-14)? I know that the current F-22 was
not designed to be heavy enough for naval use, but it could be
re-engineered. They are planning to bring the FB-22 (bomber
version that carries 30 2000 lbs bombs) online in the future.
Why not upgrade it then? BRBR

F35 better, cheaper, sooner and designed for shipboard use. Why not scrape the
F-22, and replace it with F35? These things are 'expensive', to say the least.

P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)