Old February 22nd 04, 04:00 PM
Tarver Engineering

"R. David Steele" wrote in message

|The Tomcat is gone quicker than you can think....
|There is a big push by CNO to axe the F-14 sooner than planned, like
|now is too late...watch and see.
|
|The F/A-18 (I assume you mean the B/C/D models) already has a
|replacement, E/F. I don't think you are following current Naval
|Aviation very well.
|
|There is no need to replace the E/F Hornet, it will be pulling
|fighter/CAP/FAC/Bomber/tanker etc. duties for the next 10 years.
|Totally capable of performing all the above, with no current or future
|enemy threat that can match it.

Yes, I am aware that the E/F variants are the upgrade to the
current F/A-18 and the F-14. However by the time the FB-22 is
online, even those versions will be dated.

Less dated than the F-22.

You are not considering the F-22's two greatest flaws, the pre-96 Ada and
the Mil-spec components. The entire procurement of the F/A-18E is a
generation ahead of the F-22.

Remember that we are planning for a war with China by the end of
the decade. What is the ability of the Chinese aircraft.

Non-sequitur.