Old July 25th 03, 04:35 PM
Don Parker

Hey, I'll buy a round for the house on that note!!
Sometime in the 80's my wife and I were on vacation down under, first stop
NZ. While walking down the street in Auckland, saw a big sign in a travel
agents window "German, French, and Aussie spoken fluently!". Got a big
laugh out of it, but then several weeks later in rural Australia found out
they weren't kidding!!! Almost needed an interpreter several times! No
problem in urban centers, but the outback speaks a different lanuage;
however, it is quite similar to English (;-))... Absolutely loved every
minute down there! Thank the sky gods for frequent flier programs.........
Cheers'n beers.. (ONE round!)
Don

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message
newsObUa.127454$OZ2.25010@rwcrnsc54...

John

I really wish I could understand a word either of you are saying. No

matter,
I think all our upside-down friends are infinitely charming, regardless of
their indecipherable speech.