Old April 16th 15, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default K2 vs. StarkPower LiFePo4 batteries

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 4:21:29 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
I have two LiFePO4 batteries and two toggle switches.* When it's
time to switch I simply turn on the second switch and turn off the
first.* Click, click - it takes about as long to do it as to say,
"click, click".* No problems.

Run your first battery down to 11.5 V, then put an ammeter in line and let us know what the surge looks like when you switch in the second battery (at full capacity). I'm genuinely curious.

-Evan