Old March 26th 04, 03:50 PM
Pete Schaefer

Right now, DH has one big thing in it's favor: exchange rates. Those English
and German diesels (Wilksch, TAE Centurion) are expensive and don't offer
all the same life-cycle cost advantages. They just need to get the engines
out the friggin door....and preferably get FAA cert, too.

I really want that inverted 180HP job for my still-notional RV-8A. I know
too many guys with Harman Rockets that I want to thumb my nose at.

Pete

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
. nl...
Well that's good news then. I was very close to getting a diesel for our
experimental, but the only available engine at the time was too heavy for
our airframe. I still think diesel engines will take off, but there's
several companies out there who have promised products forever without any
appearant progress. Can you say 'Zoche'?

Rob