Old September 9th 12, 06:20 PM
doug mcconnell doug mcconnell is offline
Junior Member

Location: Tacoma, WA
Default KX 155 trouble

I have a 1967 182 with dual KX 155s. When I first start the plane, both radios work fine. As soon as I accelerate to take-off speed, primary radio develops major static, then quits working. Secondary radio develops intermittent static. Have taken radios to local radio shop, with nothing found. Had noise filters installed on alternator and mags. Still have problem. I have noticed that when using flap motor, motor noise comes over radio-in-use. Does anyone have ideas as to cause?